Spam is unsolicited email also known as UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email). In compliance with the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act of 2004, Demio, INC prohibits the following:
- Emails sent with invalid or forged headers
- Use of Demio, INC’s or another third party's domain name or equipment to transmit email without the express consent from that third party
- Inclusion of URLs hosted by Demio, INC within UCE
- Subject lines containing false or misleading information
- The use of harvested mailing lists or any list where the recipient has not given their prior consent
- Any other means of deceptive addressing and misrepresentation
- Interfering with any other party's use and enjoyment of the services and products offered by Demio, INC
The federal anti-spam law went into effect on January 1, 2004. The law provides specific requirements for sending commercial email and empowers the federal government to enforce the law. The CAN-SPAM Act defines commercial messages as those for which the primary purpose is to advertise or promote a commercial product or service. Penalties can include fines and/or jail time. For more on the CAN-SPAM Act, please visit this link: http://www.ftc.gov/spam.
How to Notify Us
If you’ve received unsolicited email from one of our users, please notify us immediately at email@example.com. If Demio, INC finds unauthorized or improper use, it may, without notice, take such action in its sole discretion, including blocking messages from a particular Internet domain, mail server or IP address as well as terminating any account found in violation of this policy.