What Does Guest Posting with Demio Look Like?
There are two opportunities for Demio to accept guest content:
One is guest posting on our blog, and the other is via our weekly newsletter, Do More, With Less. We can work together to determine the best fit for the submitted content.
All content must be written by a person, not a department or anonymous employee.
Who Is Demio’s Audience?
We’re looking for a variety of topics, with a focus on content that serves small marketing teams. Our favorite content includes step-by-step guides, templates, checklists, comprehensive explanations on processes, how to design full cycle marketing campaigns, etc.
Anything that answers the question, “How can we better support/educate/drive small marketing teams toward BIG results?”
What Kinds of Topics?
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Video Marketing
- MarTech Tools
- Sales/Marketing Alignment
- Leadership/Management Development
- Workplace Culture
- Paid Ads/Performance Marketing
- Marketing 101
- Funnel (Awareness, Consideration, Decision)
- ICP/Persona Creation
How To Be Successful
Successful guest contributions are in-depth, experience-driven, and interesting. Posts are meant to teach our readers something new about the world of business, and offer actionable, tactical guidance.
Your contribution should also include:
- Original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing. We will not republish anything that's been published elsewhere.
- The writing style/tone of the Demio Blog and Newsletter. We want content that is fun and interesting to read.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the content, if appropriate.
- No blatant self-promotion.
- For blog posts, we find our readers typically get the most value and understanding from posts consisting of 2,000+ words, with our top-performing posts at around 3,000. We rarely accept posts that don’t meet these standards. For the newsletter, we expect the opposite — short and sweet! We recommend reviewing previous blog posts and newsletter editions in order to best understand the style, voice and tone that will set you up for success!
- Try to link to other articles on the Demio blog if it makes sense.
- Include at least one relevant image if writing a blog piece.
We know which types of content best serve our audience — and which don't. Here’s what works well:
- Experiments/Case Studies: Did you recently run a marketing experiment and have a huge win? If it was a huge fail, why? We want to hear all the details. These posts should include hard data, actionable takeaways, and thorough explanations of each step in the experiment or analysis process. Readers should have enough information to replicate your experiment or study if they desire.
- Actionable Strategies: These posts give readers in-depth, tactical takeaways supported by relevant, recent examples, original quotes and graphics, and current data. When readers finish this type of post, they should be able to pursue the given topic immediately and have very few questions left about how to do it.
What We Won't Accept
There are some things we simply don't accept:
- Anything previously covered on our blog. Please do a search of our site before submitting your articles.
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
- Anything overly promotional for your company or organization.
- Anything misleading or inaccurate.
- Anything that isn’t actionable/tangible or easy for small marketing teams to implement.
How To Submit Your Post
After reading through and agreeing to these Guest Post Guidelines, please fill out this form with 2-3 topic ideas. Here’s what to expect after your submission:
- We will pick the topic that best suits our blog/newsletter.
- You will write and submit the post for approval (see below).
- We will review and approve your post, or get back to you with suggested changes.
- We will have our editor review the article and make any necessary final changes.
- We will schedule a date/time for the article to go live and will notify you.
- We will promote the article to our email list and social audience.
Here’s how to submit your final draft::
- Create a new google drive folder (make sure it is shared with email@example.com), and name it with this convention: COMPANYNAME:AUTHORNAME:POST TITLE
- Your completed blog post should be in google doc form inside that folder
- Image files (with attribution) should also live inside that folder
- Short author bio, including a maximum of one anchor text link to your own website, as well as a headshot should also live inside that folder
Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot respond to all submissions.
Other Things To Know
- Submissions must meet the Demio team's standards in order to be published.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post on your own blog or any other publishing/sharing sites, such as LinkedIn, Medium, or Inbound.org.
- The Demio team reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and to update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Demio reserves the right to include calls-to-action to Demio content, including, but not limited to email newsletters, promotional offers, and other downloadable content.
- Once submitted and accepted, all guest posts become the property of Demio.